Small Business Leader
Teammate of Choice
Competitive Innovations™ is a small business as defined by the size requirements set by the Small Business Administration (SBA), and a recognized leader that acts with integrity in the Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) community. Our commitment as a responsible contractor is evident through our substantive and well-documented processes to continually meet compliance requirements while embodying both the letter and spirit of all SBA programs.
CI actively builds long-lasting alliances with a diverse array of responsible businesses dedicated to advancing the missions of the federal government, resulting in mutually beneficial outcomes.
CI is seeking businesses that bring together complementary skills and niche capabilities alongside the essential attributes of integrity, passion, excellence without bias, and accountability.
Interested in joining CI’s Network?
Unlocking the potential in people through community outreach is at the core of CI’s strategic mission. As a Microsoft Partner, CI’s student internship training program helps high school and college students learn valuable Microsoft tools and technologies through real-world projects and certification exams, giving them a leg-up when entering the job market. In addition, CI works closely with a DC-based IT education program to help mentor and train disadvantaged inner-city youths in Microsoft and related technologies. CI also provides training and website support to Mary House, an organization that has been providing housing and support services to low-income immigrant and refugee families for over 40 years.
Helping Federal Agencies Meet Their Goals
The Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) program, created by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), promotes economic growth within distressed areas by creating jobs and investing in local communities. This not only empowers small businesses like CI, but also bolsters overall socio-economic development. With CI’s commitment to the HUBZone community and the SBA’s continued support, the HUBZone program ensures that under-served communities have an equal chance at thriving in today’s business landscape.
As an experienced and responsible business, CI stands ready to assist Federal Agencies in achieving their goals of economic empowerment, job creation, partnering with localized expertise, and social responsibility while efficiently meeting their procurement requirements.
- Through the Federal Supply Schedules Program, GSA increases contracting opportunities for small businesses, and assists buyers in achieving or exceeding their socioeconomic goals. GSA customers now have the ability to set aside orders to HUBZone contractors.
- Competitive HUBZone contracts can be awarded if the contracting officer has a reasonable expectation that at least two qualified HUBZone small business concerns (SBCs) will submit offers and that the contract will be awarded at a fair market price.
- Sole-source HUBZone contracts can be awarded if the contracting officer determines that:
- One qualified HUBZone SBC is responsible to perform the contract
- Two or more qualified HUBZone SBCs are not likely to submit offers and
- The anticipated award price of the proposed contract, including options, will not exceed:
- $7,500,000 for a requirement within the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for manufacturing or
- $4,000,000 for a requirement within all other NAICS codes
Full and open competitive contracts can be awarded with a price evaluation preference. The offer of the HUBZone small business must not be 10 percent higher than the offer of a non-small business.
Large Businesses have small business subcontracting goals under the FAR that include HUBZone. Federal contractors that subcontract for our services receive both small business and HUBZone small business credit toward their subcontracting goals.
Please contact us directly at 703.698.5000 with questions about how to do business with Competitive Innovations, LLC.